Honda Odyssey Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
After having used the Joyeauto MMB for a few trips now, the CarPlay boot up sequence is inconsistent. It is supposed to boot to where it was last. I always use it in CarPlay mode. Sometimes it will boot into CarPlay. Sometimes it will show a CarPlay start error, timeout and then reboot into the Joyeauto shell. Once in the shell, select CarPlay and it will reboot into CarPlay. Not desirable but rarely does the USB cable need to be replugged. The steering wheel tracking change control doesn't work. The steering wheel Siri button works. The lag is not significant. It works with my Garmin Speak. I can live with it.

If the CarPlay2Air or CarLinkit 2.0 worked in my Odyssey, these would be better options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. Just got a 2021 Odyssey EX-L. Can someone tell me if apple car play works wirelessly, or does it have to connected to the cable to work? I can get it work with the cable, but as soon as I disconnect the cable, car play goes away. I've seen websites that say Honda is now wireless. Every tutorial online shows how to connect initially (with a cord) but I've not found anything about using it after the initial set up. I can see that my van is hooked to my hotspot. My phone is an X and is up-to-date.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. Just got a 2021 Odyssey EX-L. Can someone tell me if apple car play works wirelessly, or does it have to connected to the cable to work? I can get it work with the cable, but as soon as I disconnect the cable, car play goes away. I've seen websites that say Honda is now wireless. Every tutorial online shows how to connect initially (with a cord) but I've not found anything about using it after the initial set up. I can see that my van is hooked to my hotspot. My phone is an X and is up-to-date.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
From a google search, it’s only the 2021 Accord and select trims. You’ll need to use the USB cable or try one of wireless CarPlay USB adapters referenced in this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really wish wireless carplay was supported for the 2022. It's not like I can buy a newer model. The hardware is there, they should support it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all - I've been following the thread hoping for a solution for a wireless carplay solution for my wife's 2020 Odyssey. I have the CPlay2Air that I've been using in my F-150 which works flawlessly, but thought today I would update the CPlay2Air and try again in the Odyssey. There's were 4 updates and now currently running on version 2021.08.30.0022 and I'm happy to report it works perfect. I turned the van on/off several times and it worked exactly like it does in my F-150 with a connection time of about 25-30 seconds. So if you've tried in the past, try the newest update and hopefully it works for you as well.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts