Honda Odyssey Forum banner

wireless headphone issues

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DVD-Headphones 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2005 Odyssey Touring and first thing kids wanted to do was watch a DVD with the wireless headphones. We are having issues hearing anything out of them though. The headphones are turned on, and I can hear static like it's on, but I can't hear anything from the movie. Volume is turned up all the way too. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Guess I'll just close this out. My issue wasn't with just my wireless headphones, but also my headphone jacks. It wasn't with just the DVD, it was with anything from the RES. After reading forums about radio replacements, cable replacements, and battery terminal disconnects, I pulled the 10A fuse for the radio overnight. The next day wireless headphones were back to working. Looks like a known issue with the radio reseting itself. This is a lot faster than pulling battery terminals off, and less expensive than replacing the radio (especially since my 05 is out of warrenty period). Also, you only have to enter the radio code when you put the fuse back in. With the battery terminal trick, you may have to reset the power doors, tailgate and who knows what else. Just an FYI for any "NEWBIE" who runs into this.

05 ody touring (NAV, RES)

#4 ·
Hi

I saw your post about removing the radio fuse to re-energize the wireless signal for the Honda DVD player. You mentioned that you specifically set the fuse out overnight - was there a particular reason for this? I am having the same problem that you described - I pulled the fuse but replaced it a few minutes later and it did not work but want to understand if time does make a difference?

Thanks so much

Dave

#5 ·
Sometimes the system needs to be reset, and not leaving it unpowered long enough does not reset it. I'm not sure what the exact time it takes without power to reset the RSE, but we usually recommend unplugging the system for several hours "just to make sure."

The idea of removing the fuse is an interesting one. Normally, people always unplug the battery - but that has the effect of deleting memory settings on more than just the RSE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.