Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of tour wireless headphones appears to have a short. Do you know if these are covered under warranty? They cost about $100. Dealer didn't know if I could buy aftermarket headphones to go with factory installed DVD?

Any advice?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
cliff said:
One of tour wireless headphones appears to have a short. Do you know if these are covered under warranty? They cost about $100. Dealer didn't know if I could buy aftermarket headphones to go with factory installed DVD?

Any advice?
Any warranty claims would depend on the year and mileage of your Ody. I would presume they would be covered under your 3 year 36K mile factory warranty.

Aftermarket headphones are a much more economical alternative and will work well with the factory DVD. Search around here for some suggestions on brand names for aftermarket headphones. IIRC, some here have picked up spares on e-bay for under $20 that work fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The headphones don't last forever, unfortunately. This is especially true because of the way kids handle them. I don't know about your kids, but mine tend to use them for lawn games and take them into supermarkets. Because... kids.

Aftermarket headphones are handy and inexpensive options. If you want to deal with a real company and not just someone selling stuff from the back of a truck, I'd recommend the following:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts