Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone succesfully implement wireless headphones for Jessen KVM68U flip down LCD?

Is InfraRed which requires direct line of sight any better than RF radio frequency headphone?

Please comment
Thanks,

·
Registered
127 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ceng:
Did anyone succesfully implement wireless headphones for Jessen KVM68U flip down LCD?

Is InfraRed which requires direct line of sight any better than RF radio frequency headphone?

Please comment
Thanks,
</font>
It's a trade-if the sonic performance (separation, SNR, etc) of the two types of 'phones is equivalent, then I believe that the advantage is with the IR approach. IR headphones don't have the potential interference problems that RF wireless ones do (lots of other accessories use the same frequency bands, albeit at low power per FCC requirements), but you have the obvious limitation of LOS (line of sight) for the 'phones to work. In a small area like a van interior, I don't see wireless headphones having much in the way of advantages (except for the ability to use them in the front seat!), and the interference problem with wireless would seem to be harder to predict since your interference environment will be constantly changing as you drive. Advantage-IR for this application. (Just my $0.02)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts