Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know this reply is a bit late. I just came across a set of Clarion WH100 wireless headphones and fired up the DVD in our 2015 EXL-RES and they work flawlessly! Much cheaper than buying OEM (especially since they have been discontinued awhile) and has equivalent sound quality. I would think that any wireless headphone that uses infrared technology should work with the RES system.

Clearly the RES uses infrared rather than bluetooth technology for the headphones!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Unfortunately, Beats (and other common headphone manufacturers) don't make infrared headphones - they make bluetooth headphones. Infrared headphones are designed for different reasons than bluetooth headphones.
1) IR headphones can not be used in the front seat. I don't think that car makers (including Honda) want to have drivers wearing headphones. The IR transmitter only transmits into the rear seat, so this prevents the driver from being able to use the headphones.

2) The IR headphones use much less power than Bluetooth. This means that they can be used for longer hours than the Bluetooth alternative.

3) Some parents are a little cautious about having a radio frequency Bluetooth device near their children's head. Infrared uses light and not radio waves to receive the sound.

If you are looking for an alternative to the factory headphones, I would recommend trying something like this:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts