Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wireless headphones don't work for DVD only

I hooked up a PIE AUX Adapter on my 05 EX-L and now our wireless headphones don't work for DVD only. Anyone ever had this problem? I disconnected the PIE Aux adapter just to make sure that wasn't causing any issue, but that didn't help. Is there a way to reset the DVD player perhaps? We are going on vacation soon and I really need to get our headphones to work.

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Based your prior posts, I am assuming you have a EX-L RES with the factory RES. There was a TSB for issues with the wire going to the radio from the DVD player as the wire harness going to the radio was bad. Perhaps it broke when you removed everything to plug in the AUX adaptor.

Double check the cable running from the DVD Unit to the radio and if its all plugged in, you need a new cable as it was not a recall but a TSB. Look up the TSB sticky in the 05+ forum to find the TSB in question.

Moved this post to the Audio/Video forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information dvpatel. I will check out the sticky. Hopefully it won't be a huge pain to replace the wire. I have already checked everything was plugged in so perhaps the wire is the issue.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Changed DVD Cable - works 100%

Had the problem with headphones not working with DVD player. ONce I had the cable changed approx. $100 Cdn for part and labour, it works 100%.

Also, to save wear and tear on the DVD unit, I always take the DVD out so the unit stays off otherwise it spins continuously.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I really have a funny situation here. I don't know if this issue has been asked before but please let me know if there is a simple fix.

For some reason, there is no audio on our wireless headsets only when playing DVD. We can can hear perfectly when playing CD, Radio.. but no sound when playing DVD. We just hear a faint white noise. I don't think this is an issue with our headset. If there is an issue with the headsets, they shouldn't work no matter what we play. The problem is there only when we switch the mode to DVD.

To make is more clear...

• DVD sound cannot be heard through the
headphones
• DVD sound can be heard through the speakers
• The CD and radio can be heard in the headphones and speakers
• The RES display operates normally
No DVD Sound From Headphone

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Known problem. There's a bad connector that runs from the DVD unit to the stereo. I replaced mine awhile back...it's a $15 part and takes an hour tearing the dash apart. There is a TSB for this and if you do a search here you can find it. I still have the TSB somewhere if you can't find it here..let me know and I'll try to look it up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
skinny2 said:
Known problem. There's a bad connector that runs from the DVD unit to the stereo. I replaced mine awhile back...it's a $15 part and takes an hour tearing the dash apart. There is a TSB for this and if you do a search here you can find it. I still have the TSB somewhere if you can't find it here..let me know and I'll try to look it up.
Yes, can you please share that information with me? We will be taking a road trip soon and I would to have it fixed. Thanks greatly!!

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
jena_blondie said:
Yes, can you please share that information with me? We will be taking a road trip soon and I would to have it fixed. Thanks greatly!!
Jena. I think skinny is nicely asking you to search on here. This is a very common problem and the answer can be found by a simple search.

Use the search term: wireless and dvd

Try out the search term and let us know if it worked for you in locating the prior posts. They should be in the first page itself. There is a very long thread in the 05+ forum and a quite a few other smaller ones in both the Audio Video forum and the 05+ forum for this issue.

You just need to have your dealer change out the cable that goes from the DVD player to the audio unit to fix this and don't really need a printout of the actual TSB.

On that same token, there are several threads on adding MP3 to your van too. Those too can be found by using similar search terms separated by the word AND between several search words.

PIE and USASPEC both make adaptors for the Oddy so those would be a good search term to use for your MP3 needs.

There are several DIY threads posted on here for the MP3 addition that too can be found when you search for the other terms.

:)

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
BTW I did search wireless and DVD and came up with the basic solution, but not a place to buy the cable. Thanks!
Thanks for searching.

The only place I know of to buy the cable is the stealership unfortunately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts