Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a roaming Internet access service that I can buy for 1 month that provides Internet access via laptop across US and Canada ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Great Post !

That is very useful !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Virgin Mobile has usb wireless broadband for less than 99 dollars and
unlimited service for only $40 per month. You can turn it off after one month and your done until next year. Works on Sprint network.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Technoman said:
Virgin Mobile has usb wireless broadband for less than 99 dollars and
unlimited service for only $40 per month. You can turn it off after one month and your done until next year. Works on Sprint network.
How good is their coverage in the midwest? We are thinking of doing a trip out to Colorado...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Use McDonald's

I just got back from a trip to Florida. There is a McDonalds every 10 miles or so on major highways... it was great !

We'd stop in, check email, bio break and a snack/coffee/Lunch as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I suggest you find any wireless company you like, and get a phone that is 4g and has android. You can pay someone $20-30 or unroot the phone yourself and with the right apps, you can make your phone a wireless hotspot, PM me if you have any questions and I can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You can download an iPhone app called "Free WiFis" which scans your areas for WiFi hotspots and then download it to your device. So once you find one WiFi spot, run this app, you will get a collection of all the WiFi hot spots in your area.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a Verizon 4G wireless hotspot and it's great for long trips. If not, Android phone with root and tethering hotspot is an option.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Get 4g and pay a fortune. Almost everywhere is covered with open hot spots. All the hospitals, coleges, restaurants, fast food places have open wifi.

·
Registered
147 Posts
An Ipad with 3G/Wifi and 10 hr battery life comes in really handy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts