Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 192,000 Miles
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I appreciate everyone here always being so helpful it’s such an amazing forum!!

2007 EX-L no navigation

Today I am plugging in an Aux adapter from amazon that connects to the white port on the back of the radio, and I see these disconnected wires and empty capsule thing possibly for a fuse? (Pics are at the bottom of this post)

Should I be concerned or is that just factory wiring that gets disconnected for my model?

Also, when putting the radio back I tried best to make sure nothing was pinched but it’s tight back there, anything I should be cautious about?

My adapter works great, but if any experts advise against this mod please let me know!

Thanks as always!!!

-Tanner

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Imo if everything works fine do not worry.
Thanks man, as of right now everything works fine except the cd player that stopped loading cds two months ago but it still gets power to it. I honestly dont mind it not working now that I have the aux adapter, and I doubt that white fuse thing im holding came unplugged from me slowly pulling the radio forward. I just don’t want any weird electrical issues or fires is all, makes me nervous.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Honestly the white fuse assembly could have came unplugged during removing cd player . But if you didnt see a fuse laying there chances are it happened before you did this . The fuse would look like a small glass tube. But it would power more than just the cd portion of the radio . If it make you worried get some electrical tape remove cd player again and wrapped any wires that the copper wire is exposed on and wrapped the fuse tube also just for your piece of mind . But in all my years dealing with aftermarket cd players and dvd players never had a fire from a exposed wire from a cd/dvd player the most was a blown fuse . I hope this calms the nerves brother any other questions let us know and we are happy to help !!!.

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
The case may be that the prior owner had a better audio system installed and they removed what they could and left what was directly spliced into the wiring. Honda does not use any metra modules so it definitely is an after-market thing and it likely isn't needed if the prior radio was removed before trading in/selling.

Reactions: Glade_Colvin

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly the white fuse assembly could have came unplugged during removing cd player . But if you didnt see a fuse laying there chances are it happened before you did this . The fuse would look like a small glass tube. But it would power more than just the cd portion of the radio . If it make you worried get some electrical tape remove cd player again and wrapped any wires that the copper wire is exposed on and wrapped the fuse tube also just for your piece of mind . But in all my years dealing with aftermarket cd players and dvd players never had a fire from a exposed wire from a cd/dvd player the most was a blown fuse . I hope this calms the nerves brother any other questions let us know and we are happy to help !!!.
Yeah that helps I greatly appreciate it as this is my only vehicle haha. Thanks good sir!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The case may be that the prior owner had a better audio system installed and they removed what they could and left what was directly spliced into the wiring. Honda does not use any metra modules so it definitely is an after-market thing and it likely isn't needed if the prior radio was removed before trading in/selling.
Thats a good point as well, didnt think about that but there were two previous owners. Definitely also makes sense, thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts