Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We brought home our new EX last week. We didn't go for the EX-L because I vastly prefer cloth seats to leather, but that meant of course that I couldn't get the RES and additional power/headphone/aux plugs in the 3rd row. The service man at Honda told me that the EX has the same wiring as the EX-L, even though the wires aren't being used for a RES the wires are still installed but behind the panels. Our local Honda dealership won't install outlets so we'll probably do it ourselves, but it would be helpful to confirm if the wiring does indeed exist behind the panels because we could then avoid running new wiring. We also plan on installed an overhead DVD system, if those wires exist that would make our lives easier, too!

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
I doubt that. None of the prior gens were pre-wired so I'd be surprised if the 2012 has the wiring in place. But, since 2012 is so new, do post back if you indeed find your van pre-wired.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here in Canada you can order an EX with RES, so maybe the service guy is right the wires are already existing. Then the next trim level is EX-L. In the US you can order an EX-L without RES, but not here in Canada.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts