Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I was surprised to see this not discussed yet, maybe I missed something. Anyway, I was at the dealer yesterday and I saw an Ody on the showroom floor. It had the wood trim package and the extra chrome added. Sorry for the reflections, but I tried to get a few good shots. I guess the "bling" factor is subjective, but personally I think a drawer liner from target would look more authentic, which is about what the center console was. Just thought you might be interested.....any thoughts?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Uggggly. Don't like it all. One of the reasons we liked the Odyssey over the Sienna was the ugly fake wood on the dash of the Sienna. The chrome on the door trim is worse though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Turn. And run.

Any dealer that would do THAT--at a huge markup, no doubt...you do not want to be dealing with.

Love the fact that they did it to an EX...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well I was surprised to see this not discussed yet, maybe I missed something. Anyway, I was at the dealer yesterday and I saw an Ody on the showroom floor. It had the wood trim package and the extra chrome added. Sorry for the reflections, but I tried to get a few good shots. I guess the "bling" factor is subjective, but personally I think a drawer liner from target would look more authentic, which is about what the center console was. Just thought you might be interested.....any thoughts?

The stainless steel trim on the outside is nice, esp on the touring which has the faux metal on the handles, etc. You can do that yourself for around $60 from various internet sites, takes about 30 min total, don't pay the stealer ships $200 to $300 markup for it.

As for the fake wood, it looks better than the very fake stuff they put in the nearly fully loaded $45k Sienna AWD Limited.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stand corrected, there is market for this

I was surprised too...I guess the new owner could decide whether to keep it or not. I was tempted to have this very dealer peel off the pinstriping they did on mine before delivery in 06, but I learned to live with it instead. I would not be learning to live with that though.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Just when I though the 11 couldn't get any uglier, I see this. That chrome looks horrible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The chrome and wood are hideous. I much prefer the flat, clean look that is standard in my EX-L. I understand looks are extremely subjective, but i find it interesting that so many people think the new design is ugly. Personally, I love it. Comparing the pre-2011 to 2011... the pre-2011's are very boxy (though not as bad as Dodge), not at all aero dynamic, and just plain boring. IMO, the 2011 is the opposite of that. I'm speaking of the exterior of course. I've never seen the interior of a pre-2011.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The chrome and wood are hideous. I much prefer the flat, clean look that is standard in my EX-L. I understand looks are extremely subjective, but i find it interesting that so many people think the new design is ugly. Personally, I love it. Comparing the pre-2011 to 2011... the pre-2011's are very boxy (though not as bad as Dodge), not at all aero dynamic, and just plain boring. IMO, the 2011 is the opposite of that. I'm speaking of the exterior of course. I've never seen the interior of a pre-2011.
Out of curiosity, what were you driving before the 2011 Ody? Was it a van or something else?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ugly add-ons to an ugly van.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Out of curiosity, what were you driving before the 2011 Ody? Was it a van or something else?
Trying to get a sense of my personal preferences? :) Unfortunately I can't simply list them since I did not always buy my cars out of personal preference.

I drove a Ford Focus prior to this car, lol! The sole reason was perfect financial sense, since it's cheap, 0% apr for 3 years, and received ~40% return on the trade (low mileage). I never thought the Focus was a nice car. My wife and I were saving for a house, and starting a family. We accomplished those, so on to a much nicer, reasonable, and practicle vehicle.

My car prior to that was a 2K3 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Currently our 2nd car is a Subary Forester. I'll admit, no frills there either in terms of styling.

I'll also admit I'm not horribly picky. Obviously to each his own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts