Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes , thinkin about it. I personally like the look of wood adorning an interior. My last audi had it and I really liked it. I think it looks good on the odyssey. I dont think I would put it on the disc entry panel. But everywhere else it looks good. But its cosmetic and its definetly a preference thing. Also I saw a site that sells "real" wood kits. Dont know how much better they look or if its even worth it. By the way I love my odyssey so much that I look at it in the same light as I did my Audi A6, thats the reason I wanna fancy her up !!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Well as the author of the thread in the link above, I can say I hope you have taken a careful look at it in person. The only parts that I felt looked relatively well constructed were the pieces around the power window buttons on the front doors. Would you add all of the pieces shown in the photos? The "outlined" buttons and switches really didn't look like a luxury car's interior. Aside from the look, it just didn't seem to lie flat against the dash board the way the other material does. The reflections highlight where the mounting brackets are hidden underneath, sort of like door dings.

·
Registered
144 Posts
there're cars in which wood trim looks luscious. imo the odyssey is not one of em.

but hey, if you like it i say do it and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have seen kits like these in an Acura CL and I personally thought it wsa too obvious they were add-ons. My 01 CL had some fake wood trim, but there was an option to go overboard with it, and some opted for that route. I sat in one at the dealership and the 'extra' pieces, such as by the door handles around the radio controls and the power window controls looked very obviously like they were additional glued on. If this stuff replaced the plastic pieces and give it a look more like an MDX, ya I think it has potential, otherwise I wouldn't add it.

Destroyer; you got those nice aluminum door sils, are you going to replace them with plasic wood ones :D
just kidding...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Piano black or blackwood trim looks nice though. I saw it on an Ody on display and I liked it. Looking for someone who had experience with OEM dashboard trims and would recommend me where to get a kit from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts