Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody order wood dash kit from "www.alkaplus.com"? It seem like a good deal, but I don't know whether their kits are real wood or plastic? Any other recommendations for nice real wood dash kit for 02 ody? any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,

·
Registered
251 Posts
alkaplus' kit for the Ody is made from fake wood. Not that great, but not exectly ugly. I'll go for real wood though.

There have been many thread on this board about wood dash kits, here's the latest one:

http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000210.html

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Carbon Fiber Instead of Wood

I actually ran across the AlkaPlus site last night. I'm interested in the Carbon Fiber Dash kit. Has anyone purchased the Carbon Fiber Dash kit from them? If so, is it worth it? Their price is the lowest, which has got me a bit puzzled because other sites offer it at over $300. Anyone order from them? How's the quality? TIA.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dead link

Tried the link and didn't work.

Am I doing something wrong??

:cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
OEM Wood Dash Kit

I've seen a lot of posts regarding woodgrain dash kits, but I never seen anyone commenting or reccomending the factory kits from Honda. Are they lacking in some way or are they inferior to the aftermarket versions?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've tried both OEM and Aftermarket

I've tried both oem and aftermarket kits on Honda Odyssey.

IMO, OEM is the way to go even though its not "real" wood. I think the oem is better because the oem dash kits are plastic molded and already "formed" to the contours of the dash. They fit great and are easy to install.

The aftermarket kits, although "real" wood, are not "formed" to fit the dash contours. You must heat the dash, and the kit pieces with a hair dryer to make them pliable, so you can bend them to fit the countours and so they will stick. They don't fit nearly as well.

I don't know how long either kit will last, since my experience with both is less than one year.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had experience using both factory and aftermarket dash kits on our Accord and like John I'd go with the factory kit first since they they are molded and fits the contour of the vehicle once I decided to buy the dash kit for our Ody and just go aftermarket for the other pieces that I think that are lacking. With my experience on buying aftermarket kits, I highly recommend ToraSport they can provide some molded pieces that the factory set is lacking, they can even mix match your set. I ordered a wood grain kit for the door handles and a brushed aluminum for the shifter insert for my Accord and some other pieces that was not on the Accord set and they were able to do it and match the exact grain color of the factory. I also bought a carbon fiber kit from them when I used to have a Civic. Last I checked from their web site I think they have a set for the Odyssey for those looking for a carbon fiber kit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just installed a wood dash kit from Wood Dash Factory. The grain in the wood looks real good and has a lot of luster. The workmanship on the product was excellent. However, because it's real wood and the pieces are essentially flat and do bend to fit the contour of the dash, there are some drawbacks. The OEM stuff is molded to the dash and don't look so much like an add on. The trade off is it looks plastic. I have an Accord with plastic wood and it looks good, however, it doesn't look like real wood. I would suggest looking real close at the pictures on the OdyClub and take a close look at how the real wood trim fits around the vents in the top of the dash and the edges of the arm rests on the door. Then look closely at the fit of the OEM stuff on the Handa Accessories site and compare. The choice boils down to a good moulded fit or the luster of the real wood. You have to decide for yourself which you like better. Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just received a real wood dash kit (full 20 piece kit) I purchased from someone on Ebay. Paid $135 + S&H for it. Sellers ID is 3kgtred - they have auctions for Ody dash kits going most of the time. Do a search on Ebay using the user name.

The kit I bought is the night oxford burlwood. It is a very dark wood with a high lustre - very deep finish. They have other colors available (rosewood & others). The pieces seem very pliable with nice beveled edges - no burrs. It has 3M adhesive backing, alcohol prep pads and adhesive prep pads. Instructions and part references need to be obtained from their web site. I have not installed this kit yet and have no affiliation what so ever with this seller!

Their web address is www.autoaccessorystore.com

·
Registered
108 Posts
your feedback

What was your experience with wood-grin kit. I've 03 Odyssey EX (silver color) and I'm planning to buy one. How is quality of product and how easy it was to install it ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts