Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the dash kit from www.wooddashfactory.com? If you have a dash kit, which manufacturer do you have and what problems have you had with it?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

[This message has been edited by Jim F (edited 02-25-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

We already got a kit and have decided to not install it. If you know anyone that is looking for a kit, have them look in the Buy/Sell/Trade section here.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
10 Posts
I FRIEND JUST PUT ONE SET ON FROM WOODDASH.COM IT LOOKS NICE BUT YOU CAN TELL THAT IT IS AFTER MARKET BECAUSE IT DOES NOT FIT AROUND EVERYTHING IT LEAVES A SMALL BORDER AROUND THE EDGE ALSO HE HAD TO HEAT IT TO GO ON HE SAID IT TOOK ABOUT 2 HOURS
THE ONE ADVANTAGE OVER THE HONDA ONE IS THAT IT HAS MORE PIECES BUT IF YOU INSTALLED OTHER OPTIONS DIFFERENT THEN THE FACTORY STUFF YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE CHANGES. OVERALL IF YOU LIKE THE WOOD LOOK IT WAS WORTH THE MONEY BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE PUT THE ONES ON THE BOTTOM DRAWER BECAUSE THEY ONLY COVER THE FRONT FLAT PARTS NAD NOT THE ENTIRE THING

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found the posts on this subject to be most interesting. I have a ’01 EX that I would like to add a wood trim kit. While I have checked out every site listed in this thread I find it most interesting that all kits are over $300. I have been to eBay and found a couple listings in the $150 range. While I am sure the eBay product is synthetic they do carry a lifetime warranty. What makes “real” wood trim worth the extra $$$? Does it really make a difference? With today’s technology how much difference is there for just looks? Yes I want a good looking product but can’t see spending the $$ if not necessary.
If you bought a kit is it synthetic or real wood? If synthetic are you sorry you didn’t buy the real wood?

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:

We already got a kit and have decided to not install it. If you know anyone that is looking for a kit, have them look in the Buy/Sell/Trade section here.
</font>
Hi Jim, do you mind me asking why you decided not to install your wood kit?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am also interested in the aftermarket wood kits. I found two other internet sites for these kits: exoticwooddash.com and woodtrim.com (Joshua Tree Wood Kits). Has anybody had experience with these sites?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts