Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Color choice is such a subjective thing, but does anyone with leather interior wish they'd chosen a different color? Here's why I ask...

We put an deposit on a GG EX-L RES, then switched to Mesa Beige out of concern that the darker interior would feel too hot in this warm climate. It's usually in the 60's in December, let's not even think about August!

Now it turns out that a GG might come in about 3 weeks before the MB. Tired of waiting, but gosh we'll be keeping this van a long time...What to do!?

While I love the interior look of the MB, the outside's gonna HAVE to grow on me. I have always liked the GG paint (cloth's OK too), but dear husband's set on leather and factory RES, so leather's a must.

With those inevitable soccer kids all over the place, will I regret the light interior from a dirt standpoint? I know the leather will Any ideas? Anyone?...Anyone? (lame Ferris Bueller reference). Thanks.

------------------
'02 MB EX-L w/RES ordered 11/17, due Jan ??
'97 Accord LX (hubby's)
'93 Accord 10th Anniv (mine-wanna buy it? 82K miles)
'83 Accord DX (RIP)
'66 Mustang w/deluxe seats (owned'77-83)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I thought the granite green was not really a very dark color when I saw it. It's darker than MB, but not a whole lot and IMO it's much classier (sorry MB owners).

The MB has a light interior compared to my quartz, but the quartz is actually light grey... I preferred the quartz interior to the Ivory when I compared the two vans on the lot...

I had (my wife had) a 1998 Olds van with grey leather and the a 2000 Olds with tan leather, and the grey looked better with 20K then the tan did with 10K on it.

I wish I had a chance to see the fern leather in the GG van in person. I have Graphite leather in my truck with pewter paint, and the leather will never show any dirt (it's dark) and with the light paint it's not too hot in our PA summer days of high 80's low 90's.

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops. I just trailed off at the end there. I meant to say that I know the leather will resist stains and clean up easily. It's the overall impression about the "dirt look" on light vs. dark I wondered about.

But all you guys are smart, I'm sure you figured that out already... thanks.

------------------
'97 Accord LX (hubby's)
'83 Accord DX (RIP)

·
Registered
68 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ellemeno:
Oops. I just trailed off at the end there. I meant to say that I know the leather will resist stains and clean up easily. It's the overall impression about the "dirt look" on light vs. dark I wondered about.

But all you guys are smart, I'm sure you figured that out already... thanks.

</font>
We had a 2000 TW with Fern fabric. We live in Arkansas and our temperatures and humidities are very similar to the Dallas area. We found the Fern cloth to not be a problem.

Our 2002 is a GG with Fern leather. We haven't had it in warm weather yet, but I would say the leather Fern interior is a bit darker than the cloth; however, I don't think it will be a problem. The '02 Odyssey has that "Green" heat rejecting glass that should help some.

To me, the Fern is a very pretty color - both in leather and fabric.

Greg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right, our weather is very similar but your scenery is prettier up there! I agree the fern leather is darker than the fern cloth (no light and dark areas to fool the eye on the leather). And I've never owned leather. Besides, this is the most we've ever paid for a vehicle (even though it's the nicest one to date).

I'm even driving myself crazy on this point--my husband's WAY past being sick of this subject. I'm sure if someone said "Here, take it or leave it", then I'd take whatever was offered. It IS a great van with wonderful features, and of course the reason we're buying is the reliability that I've counted on for almost 20 years of owning Hondas.

Thanks for your thoughts.

------------------
'97 Accord LX (hubby's)
'83 Accord DX (RIP)

·
Registered
628 Posts
I had a '00 MB EX (obviously it was cloth, not leather) that we put 26,000 miles on in 22 months. I anguished about the MB's lighter interior, but never had a problem. We did keep the floor almost entirely covered with Weathertech and old floor mats, though. The dealer we traded it into even parked our 2 yr old van on the showroom floor to sell it. The interior was like new.

We are receiving a '02 GG EX-L (it is being built this weekend) and I am looking forward to the exquisite Fern leather, but you will like either one.

------------------
Mike Lowary
'00 traded-in
'02 ordered

'96 Honda Accord EX
'01 Honda Goldwing ABS
'96 Honda Helix

·
Registered
185 Posts
We did the opposite. We bailed on a MB at the last minute because we got scared of the lighter leather. We were able to get a GG and have never looked back. The fern leather is dark but not DARK. The fern will show much less wear over time and as far as the heat is concerned I think you will have much more of an issue with how much is absorbed by the exterior paint than anything else.

Just my $0.02.

------------------
dMax
'02 GG EX-L w/fog lights

1 - 7 of 7 Posts