Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Would you pay for that ?

• No - dealer test drives are free - thats the name of the game

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • Yes - to cover full costs of the dealer, if money will be counted as a deposit towards the purchase.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - only small symbolic amount.

• Yes - only for rare and exotic cars.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Yes - for charity - test drives still should be free.

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If dealer would offer paid test drive service on their demo fleet on the following terms:

No sales pressure.

You have to schedule it and You can choose the length and time of the test drive.

Car would be offered from dealer demo fleet, Dealer can ask sales person to sit with you.

No extreme driving and all tests are covered by dealer commercial insurance.

Would you pay for this?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I answered no but wanted to follow up since I didn't see the option I would have used.

I would pay for a test drive if and only if, I could schedule and use the car overnight or for a couple of days. Think of it more as renting the car you would be interested in buying. This would give me time to get comfortable with the car and test things normally not possible like... Will it fit in my garage? Can it make it up my driveway? etc It would also let me play with the features in an everyday type of way which could be VERY helpful. For example, my Audi A4 takes a good 1-2 minutes to sync my recent calls list from my phone. Doesn't sound like a long time until I realized I can get in, leave my work's parking lot and drive the few blocks to the freeway before my recent call list syncs. :nothappy: Calling the wife "right back" to figure out where to go to dinner now becomes a PITA. Probably would have thought twice about the car if I knew this before purchase.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Pay for test drives? Your kidding aren't you!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would. But if I ran the campaign I'd do it through a partnership with a rental car company. Prior to looking at the Odyssey we had rented a Pacifica for a week for a trip through enterprise. I think a good promotion would be that you get a factory incentive (able to use at any dealer) good for 30 days from the last day of the rental, with value the lesser of $500 or the cost of the rental, with a minimum one week rental.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts