Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is alot of info out ther about the all weather mats with truffle interior but nothing I could finde on beige interiors.

Has anyone put the WT in tan in the biege Odyssey interior? Thoughts and pictures appreciated.

Any opinions on whether to 'try' and match with tan or going with the black on the Beige interior?

I have a Trouring in Dark Cherry on order and would like to get some mats before it arrives.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have the same Dark Cherry /w beige and I wish I'd seen your pics yesterday! I just ordered a set of WT in gray but now I think I should have gone with the black.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully your gray will look good. Post some pics once you get them laid down so other can benefit from us 'rolling the dice'.

·
Registered
174 Posts
OK - now I am confused - again - continuously..... what mats are those specifically? Or are they liners? The liners seem to be a good pick, but the fact that they cover second and third rows completely but leave under the third row and back exposed doesn't seem very practical for me (I rarely will have folks in the third set of seats). The cargo liner doesn't seem to be very practical - not being able to use it in combination with the liner that protects the second row of seats makes it ridiculous. Not only does the liner not fold and need to be stored outside the vehicle, but if you put it in, you'd have to remove the second row of seats and the liner that protects them. Seems like a LOT of work. Wish the Honda OEM liner worked as you would want it to and not slode around. Anyone find a way to secure it? I saw a promising thread about velcro but didn't see if that solved the problem. Like I said... I guess the configuration and functionality I am looking for doesn't exist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mocha2012,
Your confusion is not unwarranted. It took me some time to figure it all out. WeatherTech does sell mats, but I purchased the WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiner, which is what is pictured in brianlbailey's pictures.

I don't mind that it doesn't cover under the third row of seats, or the entire floor when the 3rd row is stowed. I've got 3 kids and I'm primarily concerned about keeping their filthy shoes from destroying the carpet. Crumbs and spills are a secondary concern, and I think the one piece design for the 2nd and 3rd row will do a good job of keeping that contained.

Writing this reminded me of the time when I fit 30 2cf bags of mulch into the back of our '05 Odyssey. I had the 3 kids in the middle row slid all the way forward and the mulch piled to the ceiling behind them. I keep a plastic tarp in the garage for times when I know I will be hauling something dirty.

-Eli

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks Eli - I dont have young kids anymore (grown and out of the house) but like the Ody for it's felxibility to carry anything I want it to. I am concerned about the liners "feel" in the car underfoot. I have all weather mats from my old Caravan, and their substantial with deep channels. They just don't fit very well at all in the new Ody.

I like your idea of a tarp for the back... stowable and can cover when warranted. I would probably really like just first and second row coverage for adults, which probably doesn't require a liner.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thought I'd post pictures since I've answered my own question about the black WeatherTechs with the tan interior.
Love the pictures.

If you were to fold down the third row into the cargo space, does that leave the back side area exposed and if so, what do you do to cover?

- Nevermind, I should have read the whole thing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts