Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a wheelchair/Handicap van. I am located in th NY metro tri-state area but would be willing to travel. Been searching the net and they are not easy to come by. Loads of Dodge Caravans but rarely a Honda. Would also consider Toyota purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
bones774 said:
Looking for a wheelchair/Handicap van. I am located in th NY metro tri-state area but would be willing to travel. Been searching the net and they are not easy to come by. Loads of Dodge Caravans but rarely a Honda. Would also consider Toyota purchase.
I'd reccomend looking through handicap organizations. Usually someone knows someone who is looking to sell something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been doing that also but the vast majority of vans are Dodge Caravans which IMO are total junk and what a waste to invest all that serious money for handicap aids, so I came here for a shot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
If your looking to buy new look at http://vantagemobility.com/ and click the dealer locator thats the conversion I have and love it. if your looking for used some of the same dealers will have used ones also, but yeah, not a ton of used Honda handicap vans out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
motomann said:
If your looking to buy new look at http://vantagemobility.com/ and click the dealer locator thats the conversion I have and love it. if your looking for used some of the same dealers will have used ones also, but yeah, not a ton of used Honda handicap vans out there.
These life situations hit you with a triple whammy, onset of disability, loss of income and then increased costs for aids. The vans are so pricey new and I thought when i would start looking that there would be a good supply of used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
bones774 said:
These life situations hit you with a triple whammy, onset of disability, loss of income and then increased costs for aids. The vans are so pricey new and I thought when i would start looking that there would be a good supply of used.
I feel your pain, I sat in my house for nearly 4 years after my accident wondering what the hell I was gonna do with my life. If your looking to seek or maintain employment you can contact your local division of vocational rehab. they will likely pay the cost of conversion and driving controls if you need them, thats how I got mine and i'm thankful as hell i've got my wheels. I think the reason you don't see many used honda's is until the recently only VMI converted them with the lowered floor. give a shout if there are any questions I can help you with.

jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Wheelchair van

Shop a national mobility equipment dealer who specializes in AFFORDABLE handicap conversion vans.
you will find the lowest mobility van prices in the industry.some of the models are Dodge, Chrysler, Volkswagen, Ford or Honda wheelchair vans equipped with handicap accessible ramp van conversions.

__________
wheelchair van
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top