Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2019 Odyssey in October. Recently, the xm radio has been going off and on. Sometimes it will go several days with no signal, other times, just a few minutes, and sometimes it works perfectly fine. It's not a signal obstruction issue. Any idea why the problem is? I need to get in into the dealer for the warranty repair. An xm employee told me I needed a new satellite module. Any idea where this is located?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I really don't have an answer (apologies), but I've had 15 new cars w/ SiriusXM (either legacy Sirius - i.e. BMW or legacy XM i.e. Honda, Acura, Nissan) and some have included a stronger receiver (or antenna) than others.
The NEW cars - notably our 2019 Odyssey and 2019 Nissan Maxima - have pretty significant HD-based caching/buffering - so if you can't get a signal, your antenna or tuner (now embedded in the head unit/infotainment) are hosed. OR it could be the wiring.
Have the dealer replace everything they can. And I mean everything.
Like-for-like, my 2019 Maxima is about 60% stronger (based on signal strength) than my 2016 Maxima. Same trim level.
(my 2013 vs. 2011 BMW 5-series were closer, but the 2013 was better due to the new-to-2013 Sirius buffering/replay - didn't cut out under bridges)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Do you get an error message? There is a TSB for A XM radio issue. Check the TSB thread and see if it matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, We just bought a 2019 EX-L in December and had spotty XM reception. I had to take the van in to have the rear back-up sensors installed and I had them check the XM at that time. They ended up ordering a new antenna. We got that installed about 2 weeks ago and so far that seems to have taken car of the problem. We have not had any long trips to test it out but it is definitely better and seems normal now. Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got a 2019 Odyssey in October. Recently, the xm radio has been going off and on. Sometimes it will go several days with no signal, other times, just a few minutes, and sometimes it works perfectly fine. It's not a signal obstruction issue. Any idea why the problem is? I need to get in into the dealer for the warranty repair. An xm employee told me I needed a new satellite module. Any idea where this is located?
I have a 2015 and it is located behind the rear passenger quarter panel in the trunk space. I have the same issue and cannot tell if it is the Antenna or the module. From what I hear, the dealer is going to quote you a really big dollar value to fix and I would guess this is not under the warranty, but maybe it is. The modules new are between $300 and $400. The Antenna is under $100 maybe even under $50. The labor is where they are going to charge you a lot. I am in the process of trying to figure out if it is the Antenna or the module as I have the same exact issue. Will let you know in a day or two

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've got XM reception issues across all of my cars. Tree cover in suburban Atlanta (Alpharetta/Milton horse farms) is abysmal.
My solution is to stream via the XM app > CarPlay. Audio is better, and in low data coverage areas, I reduce the quality.
It doesn't have all the fancy multi-channel replay/queuing shit (top-5 channels) that the built-in satellite radio does, but I don't care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jenny J, I just replaced my rooftop antenna and that fixed the issue!! part was $60 from Honda and it,s not that hard to replace. There is a post here with pictures on how to replace it for a 2015. Not sure on the 2019 but good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts