Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a Sirius Starmate 4 that I would like to integrate with the Factory Honda head unit. I have seen many threads that this can be accomplished with the HON-SC1 converter + SIRIUS SC-VDOC1 Car Kit and potentially the SIRIUS SCC1 Connect Universal Tuner.

I could also just install a Sirius reciever but, would like to integrate the controls and factory antenna.

I suspect that either the connectors or something has changed from the 2010 Odyssey to the 2011 with respect to the head unit and compatibility with the HON-SC1 converter.

Has anyone converted their 2011 Honda Odyssey XM to Sirius successfully?

If so what did you use and how was the experience?

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
basically all you need is the below package and you have all you will need to get it done... take off the rear interior panel and remove the stock xm module... once you have the below unit it will simply replace the xm unit with the enclosed harnesses.... done...

the unit resides on the passenger side... alll the way in the back... essentially the panel in the cargo well.. need to remove the "hooks" and trim to get to "peel" back the trim and get access to the xm module

NOTE - before you start working if you look through the vents in the panel you will see your target and see exactly what you are looking for... when I peered in and saw the xm module... I was like JACKPOT!!!

http://www.tss-radio.com/products/honda-and-acura-sirius-connect-hon-sc1-scc1-package

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mars35 Thanks very much for the info.

I would have been surprised that Honda would change the connectors. I didn't want to buy everything to find out that it doesn't work.

I will be ordering the gear and installing. I will post with my results.

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
for the antenna you can convert the existing antenna or go with the sirius one directly... its my understanding that if you use the xm antenna with the cinverter that there is signal loss as compared to the actual sirius antenna... I opted to add the sirius antenna and abandon the stock one...

just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why would you swap out the XM for Sirius? Does Sirius have better programming? I had thought they were the same.... ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
although they are a merged company the programming is not identical... there are some channels that are not offered on xm (howard stern) unless you pay extra. Unless something has changed recently

In addition, we have gotten used the specific channel lineup on sirius.

if you havent had either and dont have a preference on channels...then there would be no reason to switch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello:

I just purchased a 2005 Honda Odyssey last night and I already have a Sirius subscription and I understand that the Honda Odysseys are XM compatible. I do not want to use my Stratus anymore because I can't stand the clutter of wires. The adapter will work fine for me too? Is it easy to do?

I have another post with regards to the same question. I should have done a search first.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

·
Registered
15 Posts
if the 2005 is compatible then I am sure it will be fine. I used it in a 2007 crv and worked perfectly

good luck

Hello:

I just purchased a 2005 Honda Odyssey last night and I already have a Sirius subscription and I understand that the Honda Odysseys are XM compatible. I do not want to use my Stratus anymore because I can't stand the clutter of wires. The adapter will work fine for me too? Is it easy to do?

I have another post with regards to the same question. I should have done a search first.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up my 2011 Odyssey EX-L with Nav and want to make the conversion as well. Thanks mars35 for the info but when I go to the site it says the unit is not compatible with 2010 - 2011 models. Am I to assume this is not the case with the 2011 Odyssey? Also, because I have Nav, the current XM shows up on the Nav screen, will this work the same with the Sirius device?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
i'm new to satellite radio, first vehicle with it is this one. i'm really enjoying XM. i see that if i wanted to, i could add "best of sirius" to the package.

so can someone please tell me - other than money/those that have paid for a "lifetime" subscription, etc. - the differences between the two? i had someone in my car the other day that's a sirius guy and we were going through the stations and he kept saying, "oh, that's xxx on sirius" - meaning, same station, different channel. it sounded like for the most part the programming was essentially the same (other than things like howard, which is on best of sirius...)

thx.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There really isn't much difference, I think that you can get some speciality feeds like Oprah on XM and both have different sports programming available and XM costs more. You hit it on the head though, those of us with lifetime memberships can't move to XM without paying a huge price. It is unfortunate that a company that merged a few years back can't get their pricing and hardware to work together. Since you said you are new to Satellite it shouldn't matter which one you go with as long as you are comfortable with the content provided.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts