Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '07 EXL came with the XM radio, which had no active subscription. I've lived without it for six months (plenty of local radio and the 6 CD changer to keep my limited tastes happy). We're off on a cross-country trip in a few weeks, though, and so I activated the radio with a 3-month subscription.

Everything is fine except that I'm having a helluva time tuning in stations. Both the tuning knob and the seek-scan rocker skim through a random-ish set of stations, and I can't tune outside that range. (For example, the highest station I can get, in passing, is 160, and I'm trying to get some 180-190 stations.)

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some "open tuning" control or setting I'm missing?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Starting May 4th XM has revised their channel line up. 20 on 20 which used to be CH20 is now CH3. My Hits One used to be part of CH20 is now CH2. Go to their website and download the new channel listing then you can take it from there. I've subscribed with XM for 8yrs now and counting...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I never had the old listing, so it's all new to me.

I can only tune about half the available channels no matter what I do, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Shouldn't I be able to dial through the whole lineup somehow?

UPDATE: Never mind. I figured out I was tuning by "category," which seems like a pretty useless feature to me. Switched MODE to channel tuning, and no problem.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I do change channel thru the right most knob "tuning". Then set them in memory 1 or memory 2 so that I dont go thru the whole process again. I just browse thru my preset channels on memory 1 (6 channels) and memory 2 (6 channels).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it is (and should be) that simple. However, if the tuning mode is set to "category," the channels skip so that only channels in the same category are shown - which, if you're not paying attention, produces a weird tuning loop of apparently random stations. I guess it makes sense if you want to search for a particular type of music on any channel, but...

Pressing MODE to switch to channel tuning makes it normal - the tuning knob etc. run through the channels in numeric order.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts