Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the van life. I've been wanting one for a while now, but just couldn't find the right one for me. Well last Saturday I finally found her. It's a 2000 EX-L with the vhs and flip down screen. Silver with gray int.
We have been a Honda only family for sometime now. I am a auto tech. that mostly works on industrial equipment. I am that guy that has a new to me car every time you see me. Last year I owned 11. Typically I never try to sell my vehicles I'm just pretty good with Honda engines and just about the time I finish a motor build or get some fun upgrades installed someone shows up with more cash than I believe the car to be worth and I let it go. I am praying that since there isn't a big desire for vans by the go faster crowd those days are over. I will let everyone know up front that I'm pretty rough around the edges and don't sugar coat anything I pretty much tell it how I see it when you ask for my input. I've had the Jester for quite a few years. It should come as no surprise that technicians tend to have a warped sense of humor. Well at most of the shops I've worked at I am usually the most warped out of the bunch. Well I think that covers all the useful information. Anything else just ask.

·
Registered
35 Posts
cool dude! welcome aboard!! I too, am new to the Vans..

What go fast cars did you build? Or working on?...

I got this van because I made my family bigger now.. before was only 2 kids, now I got three of em'... So the van fits my needs in most cases. Although I still have my lil' sports coupe I have in my garage, and a little beat up sedan that I daily to work.

I found alot of interesting things about the Ody on here, just by searching and reading quite a bit.

Enjoy your stay, it is a bit quiet in here though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my most recent build was a 13:1 compression d16 vtec in a civic sedan I had to prove to a buddy that I could make b-series power for less than a grand. Before that was an H22 swapped 97 accord, a 92 prelude also H22 swap, 99 prelude full tunabe exh. no cat dc2 header aem cold air.... starting to sound like a used car dealer. I really want to build a v6 civic next. I'm leaning toward the j30/j32 hybrid I got a type-s top end for free and I can get a j30 from the local u-pull junk yard for $150, but I'm really in no rush until I can find a 6-speed for cheap.

Your right about the info and it being quiet. It's def. not like the civic or accord forums. This looks a lot more laid back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my ebay packages are starting to trickle in. I just got the drilled and slotted rotors in today. I also got a mystery box that my wife wont open for fear I will leave work early to play with the van.

·
Registered
35 Posts
^ haha, I do the same, get a package I ordered. take off work early just to go look at it or install it... hahha

daym, looks like you know your way around d and b series...

I have a bunch of friends who still have theirs along with their new rides too. Two buddies of mine running b20/vtec.. things we all put in ourselves, its like a get-to-gethor just to hang, drink some and mess with cars and bull**** all night .. hahahha

any way, like it has said before. this forum is way more quiet.. hahah

here is my buddy's dc and my gcoupe..

this dc is most bone stock original gsr motor some suspension parts and wheels is about it...

same owner of the DC also owns this...

and heres one of the b20 vtecs, no redline.. hahah he needs to get that fixed.

and my other buddies EURO.. the owner of the camera.. hahaha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice rides! it really looks like I'm a dieing breed around here everyone wants k series now. I'm to cheap for that. I'll start building g23 and j series cars first. I just figured I'd use my intro thread to log some of my van upgrades. I got under the van today and I really think I can do the 6-speed swap in the ody. I can use the accord pedals and rework the firewall for a clutch master cyl. the wife is gonna kick my ass.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love shiny new parts!

Nice cars BTW, I build a competition rally car a few years ago and a few show cars. No time or money for those things anymore.

Now I just build up my little station wagon into a drag sleeper. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love shiny new parts!

Nice cars BTW, I build a competition rally car a few years ago and a few show cars. No time or money for those things anymore.

Now I just build up my little station wagon into a drag sleeper. :)

I always wanted to build a civic wagovan. I mean who would ever expect that? but everytime I bring it up I get strange looks from the wife... She's always trying to up my medication.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've seen a couple of K-swapped old civic wagons...

funny stuff

everyone wants k series because a frankstein (k24 bottom/K20 top) is significantly more powerful than any of the old B or d series combos...

they also have a much higher potential with less work (yes, you can get a D16 to 400hp, but it takes a full out build, a 400hp K series only takes a decent turbo setup)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool man. You live in Summerville. I live on the border of North Charleston and Summerville, off Dorchester Rd. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts