Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update Yes a door question - but one I haven't seen yet

Ok, here is the deal...and I have searched for hours, but can't find a similar issue.
2005 Odyssey with remote sliding doors.
The passenger door will open and close fine....almost fine.
Basically, when you go to close the passenger side door, it closes fine, but I can see that it tried to close the door too much and it seems to suck the door in about 1/2 inch more than it should...after it does this, is then releases the door, and then the door sticks out about 1/8 of an inch, and when you put the car in drive the infamous "beeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp" comes on.
Again, the door opens and closes fine. The mechanics in the door seem to want to pull the door in closer than it should be, then releases? Haven't seen this issue on a thread, but please link me if there is one. Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,842 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok, have tried all the manual resetting and that did not solve the problem.
In addition, the battery started to fail, as I am guessing that since the door was not fully closed, some sort of power must have been still going to the closing motor? (Had to jump start the car several times) The interior lights would turn off after 15 seconds or so, so I am guessing there still must be some power going to the unit
Brought it into the dealership today, as I also had to have the other doors roller assembly replaced, and this is what they found.
The indicated that they just adjusted the striker, and it now works fine...they said they tried it several times over and over, and closed fine.
On item that came up was they said my battery was only reading 330 amps after being on the charger, so I had them replace the battery. (It is 5 years old, so I guess it could be going...even though I had never had starting problems until the door issue)
So, I bring the car home tonight, and guess what..same thing happens.....door closes ok, then the motor seems to bring the door to far and, and I am now back to square one.
Really going to be pissed if the battery was dieing due to the door issue, and I have a new battery which will probably be drained tomorrow morning and the same freakin door issue.
Should I have the techs look/test the closer mechanism?
Is there something I can do to shut off the door closer mechanism and just use the doors manually? (Tech said to turn the key on, then flip the door switch to off, and that would shut off the closer mechanism....tried it, and it doesn't work....waited 10 minutes or so with the key off, and the door mechanism still pulls the door in too far even with the door switch off)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the problem is back again with the door being sucked in too far. Thought it was fixed by adjusting the molding somewhat, but I guess that wasn't it. Have tried all the resetting, and it still happens...is this going to drain my battery? (The door lights are not on when driving, sitting....just the annoying beep sound that the car thinks the door is open still....the forward latch is engaged.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the battery drain problem a year ago. The dealership replaced the closer motor. I didn't see the door pulling in too far. Now I have an intermittent drain problem again and I see the left door that had the closer motor replaced is pulling in too far. It pulls in too far a seems to stall the motor, then relaxes to the right position. Sometimes the beep is on and sometimes not. I'm tempted to take a sidecutter to the cable, pull the fuse and have manual doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts