Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I wish Yokohama had more detailed pics like engine bay, suspension,etc. Unfortunately they sort of contradict in the suspension section since they mentioned it has GAB coilovers (VERY expensive Japanese brand) but also Eibach springs.Coilovers are usually one brand for all components.Not unless either rear or front sports only one brand.
Maybe writing them wil get more info.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX "Lagreat"
http://www.fototime.com/inv/46E6936F1F9A447

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well one thing - I would love my Odyssey to be that low! Second, I would like to know and even see the interior (or any other mod they did to it).

Hmm...H&R, Eibach....H&R or Eibach....???

-nemogira

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
they mentioned it has GAB coilovers (VERY expensive Japanese brand) but also Eibach springs.

Actually, GAB contracted KYB to make their adjustable struts that the import guys use. KYB released them under their own label as the AGX. I know this to be fact because my SE-R car club worked hard to get KYB to finally make them for the SE-R.

The Eibach springs used are probably the 2.5" diameter ERS. Those are God's gift to coilovers.
Ground Control uses them for coilover conversion kits as do a large number of manufacturers. I've even seen them on street rods.

I'm jsut surprised GAB has an application for us. If they do, I say we beg KYB to release the AGX for the Ody. Then we could talk to GC to spec a coilover kit for us.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

[This message has been edited by Jim F (edited 07-03-2001).]

·
Registered
84 Posts
I already spoke to Tony at Ground Control about the van, and he said they ran into troubles with doing coil overs for the van. (ie: no shocks available in North America to accept the much increased spring rate to allow the van to be lowered with coil overs)

The rear is also a non-coilover set-up, that requires a stand-alone spring, and seperate shock.

Shocks are made for our van by Ennepetal out of Japan. (specially valved Bilsteins shocks) but they are BRUTALLY expensive at over $2000 US plus shipping.!!

I dunno, but in all practicality, I'd find coil overs on my van now way too excessive.
(I have Zeal B6 coil overs in my S13, and GAB Super R's with Ground Controls in my 3 Rotor RX7, and of course coil overs in my race cars, and in all honesty, my RX7 and 240SX are no longer good daily driven cars. The ride quality is absolutely terrible, and I just could not subject my pregnant wife to a bone jarring ride to and from the store.

A slammed van looks cool, but I sure have grown accustomed to the nice drive to work each morning, coffee in the cup holder, A/C on, and smooth transitions over road work and speed bumps.

Nemogira: I've almost given up on H&R. I'm tired of the usual "2 weeks away" answer I keep getting. I mean I'll get the springs when they arrive, but I'm not counting my chickens for this summer for them to arrive.

PDM
http://www.pdm-racing.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts