Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all dealerships itemize the same way, similiar to a home loan estimate? Will they send this to you? What is the best way to get dealers to compete? Should I visit each face to face, internet? I realize the bottom line is the bottom line but I would like a way to break down all of the costs and get the best price for each line item from one dealership. What has worked for you?

·
Registered
62 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeT:
Do all dealerships itemize the same way, similiar to a home loan estimate? Will they send this to you? What is the best way to get dealers to compete? Should I visit each face to face, internet? I realize the bottom line is the bottom line but I would like a way to break down all of the costs and get the best price for each line item from one dealership. What has worked for you?</font>
My "technique" was to call all the dealer and ask what they were charging for a "walk out the door" Odyssey price. I've heard of others who FAXed dealers in a wide radius an offer on what they were willing to pay, requesting any additonal fees they charged. You do have to be careful that they include all of the costs for you to compare including the processing fees and other added costs. Not all dealers do not "itemize in the same way," the processing fee and any add-ons are often a way that they hide additional costs. Once you have found a deal that you are willing to agree to, ask for the dealer to FAX or send you a purchase agreement and include all of the terms (deposit, date of delivery etc...) in order to itemize the costs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts