Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...start this out by saying that I am definitely not into detailing my cars. In fact, I don't even remember the last time I've waxed anything!

But....

I think I am up to the effort using Zaino. What do the experts here at OdyClubLand believe are the essential Zaino products out of their lineup? I read their faq on this topic, but wanted to get some real life independent answers.

For the record, I will be wanting to Zaino my silver 2001 Ody and my gray 1995 Integra.

Thanks for the advice that I'm sure will follow...

-Erik

·
Registered
331 Posts
Z18 clay bar - using it provides a great cleaning to start your work from.

Z5 polish - to help reduce the swirl marks which I am sure you have in the Integra first.

Z2 polish - for the Ody and the Integra once you are satisfied with the reduction of the swirl marks. Get Z3 for the Integra if the paint is not clearcoat.

Z7 car wash.

ZFX - available very soon. Is a catalyst you mix in with Z2, Z3, or Z5 to speed up drying and eliminate the need for Z1 polish lock.

These are your basics. Z6 Gloss enhancer is helpful as well. Overall I like Zaino. Once you do the initial base work of Dawn wash, clay, Z7 wash, and first coat of polish it is so easy to maintain. I do the full base work every spring (appx 6 hrs per car) it takes me less than an hour to wash and polish both of them all summer long.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I recommend the Z-6 as well for two reasons. IIRC, the Z-6 is supposed to be applied between the coats of Z-2. Also, I have been using it about 1/month after washing as a quick detail. It leaves a nice "just waxed" feeling and it only takes 15 minutes or so.

Just my $0.02 worth.

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

1 - 3 of 3 Posts