Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-
I'm picking up EX-L on Friday and want to start things off right. But I know myself well enough to know that if I buy 4 kinds of Zaino I'll get distracted somewhere in the middle and a couple o' coats just won't get on. I'm famous for stuff like that. And my hat's off to SJ for doing some Zaino, eating lunch, more Zaino, sleeping, more Zaino etc. I just don't see it happening. I'm also famous for intending to be really good at maintenance *this time*. I know that I'll be taking the van to a touchless or brushless carwash. (the best around here is a brushless where 3 or 4 guys with cloths work on the car along w/the machine - they also do lots of detailing)

So my question is, what should I be looking at as a minimum start-up? I know that I'll be scotchguarding (or that other product-ing) the carpet, and treating the leather. What else do I gotta do? (Is GG a clear-coat? Sorry, but I was sick that day.)

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Starting up Zaino (necessary):
1) Z-1
2) Z-2

Recommended:
3) Some type of clay bar (like Zaino Z-18) or by some other manufacturer. This allows you to get the car really nice and clean.
4) Z-6 for that added shine, and also between coats of Z-2, makes paint really look sharp!

For inside, I used Vectra (there's a previous thread on this...) So far, after 3 months, interior still looks perfect, grease and dirt stains on the floor mats came up quite easily this weekend as I cleaned the van. I'd say its performance is at least on par with Scotchguard.

Many others here swear by 303 protectant for tires, plastics, trim. I don't use anything on plastics anymore at all.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
SCREEEEEECH!!! Put the brakes on there!

Just checked the Zaino website, and Z-FX is listed on the order form now!!!! Whoopee!!!!

This eliminates Z-1 and the timely cure/wait between coats cycle. So, it will be ALOT easier (I hear) for you this time.

OK, I gotta get some of this Z-FX.

Jim, do I hear group buy again, or are you getting tired of doing that?

Or, all you Bay Area Zaino Slaves.. Anyone interested in just buying a case to reduce the cost a little and eliminate shipping?

------------------
-Shin John

·
Registered
42 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shindog:
Or, all you Bay Area Zaino Slaves.. Anyone interested in just buying a case to reduce the cost a little and eliminate shipping?
</font>
I don't live in the bay area...3 hours south...but I might be interested if you try to put together a bay-area buy of Zaino.

-Erik

[This message has been edited by eslayter (edited 12-11-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shindog:
Jim, do I hear group buy again, or are you getting tired of doing that?</font>
LOL

Ok, ok ... we'll do another buy if you guys are interested. My boss just asked me about doing one last week since he got a new Highlander (FINE lil SUV, btw).

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
192 Posts
What kind of a deal do you guys get? I've been waiting in the background for the next buy so I can give it a try. My wife is already afraid of me spending 3 days working on the van.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Talking about the Zaino website, why they do not let us order on-line ? Last time, I ordered some products before my 02' arrived, I waited, waited and my 02' arrived and the Zaino were nowhere to be seen. After several e-mail and found out that they have never received my order form. Sure, they have not, the letter with the order form was returned by the post office yesterday as 'undeliverable'.
Very frustrating. Only if they accept order online, this will never happened and the wait will be a lot shorter. I just do not understand why in the world if they have a website up for business but can't accept order on-line.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by turnipgreen:
What kind of a deal do you guys get? I've been waiting in the background for the next buy so I can give it a try. My wife is already afraid of me spending 3 days working on the van.</font>
In the past, buy any 5 items and get a free bottle of Z-7 car wash. That's been the group deal in the past.

------------------
-Shin John

·
Registered
192 Posts
At least, if I read right, it gets rid of the need for the Z1 (not the same price, but at least it is something). The application instructions said the 2ml would do for an entire 16 oz bottle of polish, and that you only needed 4 or 5 drops per 2 oz of polish.

Still, it is rather expensive per ml.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts