Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about Zaino everywhere, and the fact I have some Christmas cash, I was thinking of making the plunge. I guess my problem is after buying Z2, Z5, Z6, Z18, and ZFX, I spent a total of $83.70! My wife is really reluctant to let me spend that much on car appearance stuff. I guess my questions are, how long does the "starter kit" last? Will that purchase last me a few years? Or does it get used up quickly because of the multiple coats? I do see my wifes point since I do not know anyone locally that has used Zaino. Thanks for any assistance/info you can provide.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
At the risk of starting a religious war:

If costs are a concern you can make the following changes to your starter kit:
  • Z-1 instead of ZFX (-$11). While this isn't as convenient it saves $'s and may "stretch" the Z-2.
  • Z-5 may not be necessary at all (-$16.95); it's function is to remove scratches.
  • Z-18 (clay bar) is optional (-$16.95). I didn't use it and I'm satisfied with my results. I'm sure others will differ.
With shipping, Z-1, Z-2 and Z-6 cost less than $40. How does that sound?

Mel

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree with Mel. But I'd buy the clay bar anyway. You could easily do your ody at least two times with each of the two clay bars included, so the clay should last you for two years if you just did your ody. But after I saw what a difference the clay made, I did all three of my cars. The clay bar really smooths out the surface beautifully.

The Z-1 will last you for at least three or four bottles of the other products (i.e. z2 or z3). You only use the z1 the first time, and then every six months for show cars and once a year for normal cars.

The z-2 will last a long time too, but you must use it sparingly. I think you could get at least six to ten coats out of one bottle, which should be enough to do your van for at least a year or more.

Don't think you really need the z5 for a new car. won't need the z5 unless you have swirl marks AND you have a dark colored paint.

FWIW, I just purchased my second batch of Zaino products and didn't buy the zfx. If you live in a warm climate, or get a sunny day, you won't need it to help the z2 dry, you can just let the car sit and the z2 will dry within one hour or less on a warm day. If you live in a cold or damp climmate, you might want to get the zfx to aid in the drying process. If you use the zfx, you don't need to buy the z1, so its a trade off. On the down side, if you mix the zfx with the z2, you must use all the "mixed" product within that day, or throw it away, as it will "set up" and won't be any good after one day.

You will LOVE the results after using the zaino.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does anyone use the Zaino carwash, or just use what is available locally. I too am trying to figure out what all to order the next time a group buy happens.

I know that the multiple coats of Z2 is a preference thing, but can I get a feeling of if one coat is enough for a non-show car person?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts