Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot about Zaino on this forum. Great info! I just want to make sure I order the right stuff and enough of it.

I'm going to use it on 4 cars including my 2 week old White Ody
. I'm not sure how much to buy.

I have the following cars to Zaino:

1. 1988 White Jeep Cherokee (putting it up for sale, now that I have my Ody). I don't think it has a clear coat.

2. 1988 Black Jaguar. I don't know if it has a clear coat. Anyone know? (Rarely driven - kept in garage)

3. 1985 Metallic Grey Mercedes. It does have a clear coat. (Rarely driven - kept in garage)

4. 2002 NEW White Ody

So here are the items I am planning to buy:

Z-2 for Mercedes and Ody
Z-3 for Jeep and Jaguar (I think)
Z-5 for Mercedes, Jeep and Jaguar (not needed for Ody)
Z-7 for all cars
Z-18 for all cars
ZFX for all cars

How much of each for 1 complete use and some left for at least 1 more round?

Also, can someone please explain how the Clay Bar works? I'm concerned that the contaminants will be picked up and then make the clay bar dirty and scratch the car. I haven't read anyone mention this, but I am concerned.

Anyone want to take bets on how long all 4 cars will take? I will have my husbands help.

Thanks for your help and this great forum.

Hillary

·
Registered
25 Posts
Definetly get the clay bar.....It is absolutley amazing. What the clay bar does it acutally what you said removes imperfections that have attatched themelves to the paint. You get two small(yes small) yellow clay bars. My suggestion would be to buy two (total of 4 bars) this will be more than enough to take care of your cars. You will be amazed how it will help the resale of your car. I did it to my 93 Camry before my brother-in-law took it and he was amazed how smooth the paint felt. I will this spring go over my TW '02 ODY. I didn't get around in doing it in November but that's why I bought the extra bars. I have a Toyota 4 Runner that was completly covered in paint/stain overspray from my neighbor when he stained his fence. The truck was covered all over and I mean a mess. I used two bars on the truck and its all gone. Even off the windshield and all the rubber molding around the windows as well. I did get a few slight scratches in my clear coat because I tried to stretch the bars too far and should have used a third. But Z5 took care of the scratches. I have a buddy who runs a detail shop and have some of his waxes as well and the zaino is amazing.

I have not used the new product that cuts the drying time down but some have on this forum.

Wish you the best of luck and time....because it does take time to zaino the ODY.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I purchased the z-1, z-2 and z-3 and the clay bar. I have done my 1965 Volvo p 1800 at least six times (roof, hood and trunk and all "horizonal surfaces-not the sides); I have done the Odyssey at least six times (without ever doing the roof but doing everything else) and I have done my volvo V70 station wagon (complete) at least five times and still have plenty of z1 left, and about a third of a bottle of z-2 and z-3 left. I did all three cars with one of the two clay bars included in the z-18 container. This is great stuff, I have already purchased my second bottle of z-2 and z-3.

------------------
'01 TW EX-N; Xenon "hid look" headlights; Honda Dash kit, Jensen Flip Down TV; Sony Mobile VCP; Questar Mobile DVD player; Cargo Tray; Leather wrap wheel; Pioneer 1665's; Infinity 452's, Glove Box light mod, door edge moldings, mud guards, wheel well moldings, '02 drink holders, Zaino'd

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
When in doubt if your car has a clear coat, treat it as it has one. Most modern cars have the base coat/clear coat system.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts