Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say, this stuff is great. My Ody now has two coats of Z-2 on it, and the Z-6 is great too!

I just wanted to share a tip. The Zaino folks say to use 100% cotton, made-in-the-usa name-brand towels to remove the Z-2 after it dries. I tried this with the first coat, and it worked fine.

The 2nd time around, I decided to try one of my 'plush' microfiber towels, and wow!
It really does the trick, imho better than a terry towel does.

------------------
'01 DEP EX in Fairview Park, Ohio
Click here for pics.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Yup! They work great, don't they?

I've been using MF towels for all coats of Zaino. Also for glass cleaning (the BEST!), and for washing and drying.

In fact, I don't use anything else anymore except old socks, etc., for anything that will be greasy or too dirty. MF towels do a better job on any cleaning or wiping job than anything else I've tried.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Who makes them and where do I buy them??

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
Who makes them and where do I buy them??

</font>
I bought some at Target which seem to be good, but I also just ordered some from
here.

The "Miracle Towel" is apparently the best. I ordered one of these 5-packs. Hasn't arrived yet.

Chuck's right, these things work great for almost everything. Some Rain-X glass cleaner and one of these things make the glass streak-free and shine like you wouldn't believe. Use them with the Z-6, use them to remove the Z-2.

I also found they work great for removing brake dust and crap from the wheels. I got my wheels sparkling clean without using anything but a dry MF towel!

------------------
'01 DEP EX in Fairview Park, Ohio
Click here for pics.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can you apply Zaino to plastic parts (such as the front and rear bumpers on my '98 Accord)? I am assuming that you can, since most of the testimonials here have indicated that bugs come off easy on a Zaino'd finish.

On other non-wax polishes I have used, some of them said not to apply to plastic parts.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cmmeyers:
Can you apply Zaino to plastic parts (such as the front and rear bumpers on my '98 Accord)? I am assuming that you can, since most of the testimonials here have indicated that bugs come off easy on a Zaino'd finish.

On other non-wax polishes I have used, some of them said not to apply to plastic parts.
</font>
Generally, plastic parts don't like waxes and polishes unless they're made specifically for plastic. In the case of painted plastic parts such as bumpers, you're applying the polish to the same paint as what's on the car, not to the plastic, so there's no problem.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts