Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's here! Yup - here in my driveway and it's a thing of beauty. A Granite Green (OK, grey w/a green tint) EX-L with fog lights and, for the moment, nothing else. I decided to be a wimp and have the dealer do the fogs for me. Accessories from HandA have shipped and snows for TireRack should be here this week.

Here are a couple of brief comments - I'll amend later but I had to put a couple of things down.

1 - No rattles!
2 - No wind howl!
3 - No drifting!
4 - I was so prepared for one or more of those first 3 that I'm elated.
5 - Thank you, guys, for telling me about the gas tank slosh or I would have been really concerned. As it happens, I was able to calmly turn to my wife and give her a rational explanation.
6 - I was so prepared for the audio system to stink that I figured it would be better than I feared. It had to be. (Like how everyone told me the Mona Lisa was *so small* that when she was bigger than a postage stamp I was impressed.) In a word, the audio system stinks.
7 - Wolfgang at Friendly Honda in Poughkeepsie was amazing. No pressure to buy anything I didn't want. He told me that bonuses etc were based on the survey and 5's would help but we should fill it out as we saw fit. He has nothing to worry about. He spent way more than an hour going over everything in the car with us.

I don't have driving notes yet because my wife drove the car home from the dealer - I drove our old car. Long story but I didn't have a choice.

I owe the denizens of Odyclub a great deal. I went in to the showroom yesterday feeling very confident and together because of you guys. Truly amazing considering I have never even ridden in an Odyssey! I decided to buy one on ratings and reputation, plus a few recommendations from casual friends. But other than sitting in one for 10 minutes in my local dealer's lot I'd never been inside one. Odyclub armed me with enough knowledge that I felt like I knew the vehicle.

I thought this post was going to be 4-5 sentences but I couldn't seem to shut up. I'll write a bit more when I have some thoughts on actually driving more than 20 miles.

This will be my last post as Gettin'AVan. From now on I'll be dMax. (assuming it isn't taken).

Dave/dMax

[This message has been edited by Gettin'AVan (edited 12-16-2001).]

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Accessories from HandA have shipped and snows for TireRack should be here this week. </font>
What part of the country are you in?

I'm debating snows. But, the combination of traction control and the 2nd gear functionality intrigues me; I'm extremely tempted to see what those can do for me by themselves.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adam1991 - I'm north of NYC in an area that's good for a couple of good storms a year plus 3-6 more snows of 2-3". I'm on a pretty steep hill with a steep driveway and my road doesn't get plowed 1st or 2nd. I'd always assumed I'd have to get an SUV to survive winter but my mechanic assures me that he does fine in his ODY w/snows. He knows my area and says his is about the same or worse. If I can't manage the winter I will be really, really, really upset.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Hey Dave,
Just wanted to send you congrats myself!!! You've done a thorough amount of research before your purchase and I think you'll be very happy in the long run! Glad things worked out with your dealer and delivery!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gettin'AVan:

6 - I was so prepared for the audio system to stink that I figured it would be better than I feared. It had to be. (Like how everyone told me the Mona Lisa was *so small* that when she was bigger than a postage stamp I was impressed.) In a word, the audio system stinks.
</font>
LOL. There are some inevitable truths, to which we must not doubt.... (hee,hee!) Well, at least it can be fixed rather easily, right?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
I thought this post was going to be 4-5 sentences but I couldn't seem to shut up.
</font>
Boy do I know how that feels! Looks like you'll fit right in here....
Seeya around!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats! We just got our 2002 GG EX-L today!

------------------
2002 GG EX-L
1993 Ford F-150
1995 BMW 318I

1 - 9 of 9 Posts