Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
im just going to throw this out there for all to address what ever way they want.. when i cleaned the metal gasket and plenum areas, i used carb cleaner,, not anything abrasive like a wire brush and a rag to dry up any residual liquid. i would think that a wire brush on the gasket or mating surfaces could be detrimental. JMO

pete

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I used a brass brush and screwdriver to clean out the EGR passages along with throttle body cleaner, as well as a 11/32" drill bit to clean the actual port hole down into each of the intake passages. The metal gasket was just sprayed with cleaner and wiped off with an old rag. It came clean easily with hardly any rubbing as long as you let the cleaner sit for a minute or so. I then used the same rag to soak up the oily residue inside the intake itself and clean the mating surface on the intake.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
like i said, JMO,, i figured that you would use some care in how you handled the gasket and mating surfaces.

pete

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think, for less than 20$, it's better to replace the gasket. Along the gasket edget, there's a "bump ring" which will be flatten under pressure. A reused gasket will not provide good seal without the "bump ring".

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
now that's impressive

·
Registered
953 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
9 Participants
mwe2121
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing