Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,
First post here and thanks for the info on this thread. I just picked up a set of Pilot take offs for the wife's 2014 and was wondering if the TPMS sensors from her 17 inch wheels will swap over to the new 20's? I understand that it may need some tweaking at the dealer but want to make sure her original sensors will work. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello lbadillo, looks very nice. I just picked up a set of those wheels for my 2014 Ody Touring and it came with the Pilot TPMS sensors. Did you use your stock TPMS sensors? Did you do anything special for your Ody to recognize the sensors? youDid you have to take your Ody to the dealer? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I just ourchased some 2017 MDX wheels the exact same size as these pilots. 20x8. Honda stock pilot tires are 245x50x20. I just wanted to make sure u got the stock size or the 255x45x20???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question for IBadillo:

Hey I just ourchased some 2017 MDX wheels the exact same size as these pilots. 20x8. Honda stock pilot tires are 245x50x20. I just wanted to make sure u got the stock size or the 255x45x20???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best tire for 2017 pilot/MDX rim that's 20x8

Just picked up 20x8 MDX rims. Oem tire size is 245/50/20. Should I got 245/45/20 or 255/45/20 which is closer to stock specs. I want to keep that stock look thx

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just picked up 20x8 MDX rims. Oem tire size is 245/50/20. Should I got 245/45/20 or 255/45/20 which is closer to stock specs. I want to keep that stock look thx
check

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

and put in your OEM tire size and what you are thinking of running and it will tell you how close it is...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Answering my own question, a person on piloteers.org seems to think these are 32lbs. And the classifieds over there have a couple of sets for $700-$800 plus shipping. eBay is generally higher, $220 to $250 per wheel, but usually including shipping. I'm looking to get a set.

·
Registered
1 Posts
those pilot wheels look amazing guys! for those of you who are running these, are you on stock suspension? the 2 vans almost look like they are lowered slightly...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Agree, those wheels look great on these vans.

Sent from my Samsung Note 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a set of Pilot Elite 20's to put on my wife's 2017 Crystal Black EX-L. Found a set on eBay for $825 shipped...seemed like the best I was going to do. I'll try to post some picks after I get some rubber on them and have them on the Ody.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Question for IBadillo:

Could you post some pictures of these on your ody? Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can you guys - Ibadillo, Wayoutwest, and anyone else provide some feedback on the tire sizes and ride results?

Ibadillo, I know you went with 255/45/20, does the wider width of the tires cause any rubbing if the van is loaded or does it definitely clear? I'm wondering if the 245/50/20 will create a smoother ride and clear the fender well more. If yours clears the fender wells when your car is loaded, I'm good with that. Please let me know! Thanks for your help.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts