Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Any updates to this?
I just picked up a 2015 Ody-T and already have a set of Pilot 20x8 rims waiting. Just need tires.

What sizes are you guy with 20x8j wheels running?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's my new 2017 EXL, my first odyssey, I picked up over memorial day. Had to swap wheels right away. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 255/45/20 tires. No rubbing, no difference in road noise or quality. Discount tire swapped tpms and center caps, mounted and balanced for about $80.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wifey isnt sold on the 20" Pilot wheels.

I have a set w/ no tires on it... they will be up for sale.
Will look for a different style I guess.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I figure I would add my experience to this thread. This is my 2011 EX-L with 20" pilot elite wheels. I think it's a huge improvement over the stock wheels. As others has stated, to maintain the factory spec wheel/tire ratio, 255/45/20's tire size is recommended. I went with Michelin Premier LTX 255/45/20. The ride quality did not degrade with the lower profile tires. They ride just as well as the stock 17's, however maybe even have better handling. No rubbing issues here. For me, I purchased a whole new set of TPMS sensors since the 2017 pilot sensors are not compatible with my vehicle. You could just swap your old ones over as well.

Odyssey with Elite wheels.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
...No discussion of Offset.

5mm larger difference (Pilot: 55mm; Odyssey: 50mm). Moving the center line of the tire outwards 5mm. Yeah, yeah, not much, but depending on what safety factor is applied to the suspension and bearing life calculations could reduce the life of wheel bearings and other suspension components. My biggest concern is always ball joints and wheel bearings. I've replaced enough of these as it is on my vehicles over the years, I'm not risking more cutting hydraulic presses and drilling just for looks.

Thanks to all for the pictures posted!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Northwest Honda in Bellingham WA has a set of 20" Pilot take off wheels available for only $600. They were willing to ship a set for me to anywhere within the US at my cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with a set of takeoff 2018 Acura MDX 20" alloys with 245/50R20 tires. look great and no notable ride difference. just had to get the TPMS's to match my Ody. the MDX ones didn't work. I'll post some pics soon.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just picked up a set at a dealer. One was curbed pretty well, so they discounted the whole set heavily. I already have a set of 245/45/20 DWS 06 tires from the Routan that our odyssey is replacing so they should fit well! 😁
The new parts manager is clearing inventory, so we got the full set for $200! Pretty excited!

·
Registered
355 Posts
...No discussion of Offset.

5mm larger difference (Pilot: 55mm; Odyssey: 50mm). Moving the center line of the tire outwards 5mm. Yeah, yeah, not much, but depending on what safety factor is applied to the suspension and bearing life calculations could reduce the life of wheel bearings and other suspension components. My biggest concern is always ball joints and wheel bearings. I've replaced enough of these as it is on my vehicles over the years, I'm not risking more cutting hydraulic presses and drilling just for looks.

Thanks to all for the pictures posted!
You mean moving the center line inwards 5 mm. If anything, it should be easier on the suspension if you're going from 50 mm to 55mm, don't you think? 🤔

41 - 55 of 55 Posts