Honda Odyssey Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): 34,543.35
Price Paid (out of the door): 37,599.90
Add-ons (if any): Just the premium color charge. Also vehicle had no floor mats for whatever reason so the dealership is mailing us all-weather mats free of charge
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 5/3/2021
City: Fredericksburg, VA

Pretty sure I just got home from the same dealership Beebop purchased from. Received fantastic pricing through TrueCar. Then got the price down a smidge more from there. No other dealership could come within $1000. we drove about 2 hours as no dealership in Maryland was even in the ballpark. We had a little mishap because of inaccurately quoted taxes that after some pressing brought down the base price while still increasing the total because of taxes. We got the last 2021 on the lot and witnessed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): $33,864.00
Price Paid (out of the door): $36,344.00
Add-ons (if any): 2 Year 24,000 Miles Regular Maintenance + Wheel Locks (included in OTD price)
Exterior Color: Platinum White
Interior Color: Black
Date Purchased: 12/11/2020
City: Manassas
State: Virginia
@HolyRiver - hello, Which dealership in Manassas ? I am currently looking for an 2022 Ex-L with white Exterior

·
Registered
4 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): 34,543.35
Price Paid (out of the door): 37,599.90
Add-ons (if any): Just the premium color charge. Also vehicle had no floor mats for whatever reason so the dealership is mailing us all-weather mats free of charge
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 5/3/2021
City: Fredericksburg, VA

Pretty sure I just got home from the same dealership Beebop purchased from. Received fantastic pricing through TrueCar. Then got the price down a smidge more from there. No other dealership could come within $1000. we drove about 2 hours as no dealership in Maryland was even in the ballpark. We had a little mishap because of inaccurately quoted taxes that after some pressing brought down the base price while still increasing the total because of taxes. We got the last 2021 on the lot and witnessed.
Nice price! I tried to get them to throw in the all-weather mats and they didn't budge. Anyhow, looks like I should have started with the TrueCar price

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trim: 2021 EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): $35,000
Incentives and Amount:
Price Paid (out of the door): $38,335.84
Add-ons (if any): mud guards, wheel locks,
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: 4/16/2021
City: Corona
State: CA

No Trade In. Used TrueCar to sample a large area for prices and then chose the lowest price and negotiated a little down from there. Plus got 0% APR for a 4 year loan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: EX (2021) MSRP $36310
Price Paid Out the door including taxes (7%) and 8 year/120K $0 Deductible warranty $34,250, with the $1000 honda loyalty rebate included, but could not qualify for the $500 new grad even though my wife is a recent grad (you have to be working or have a letter of hire by a company which she did not have)
Price breakdown: Vehicle approximately $30500
Taxes 7% approximately $2300
Warranty approximately 1450
Exterior Color: Lunar Silver Metallic
Date Purchased: 2/8/21
City: Merrillville
State: Indiana
Thank you for your information! I am also in Indiana. What is the dealer's name?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): $34,845
Price Paid (out of the door): $36,474 (less trade-in of old Odyssey)
Add-ons (if any): Roof Rack, Mud Guards, All Weather Mats
Date Purchased: 4/30/21
City: Charlotte
State: NC

They said this included the Odyssey Loyalty Credit, but starting to feel like that's a scam. They don't itemize that reduction anywhere. Or, I got duped. This dealership was pleasant to work with and negotiate over the phone. Overall, the transaction was pleasant.
There were a couple other local dealerships that would "beat any new Odyssey price". Just had to come on down with the quote sheet, but wouldn't commit to giving me a price. Another one had a lower base + destination, but added another $900 admin fee this dealership didn't have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice price! I tried to get them to throw in the all-weather mats and they didn't budge. Anyhow, looks like I should have started with the TrueCar price
The all weather mats was not so much me negotiating. The car had no floor mats and during the 5 hours we were there they kept saying, “we’re trying to find you mats.” When it came time to leave, we still had no mats so they said they would ship them to us. I’ll be following up in another week to see where those mats are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The all weather mats was not so much me negotiating. The car had no floor mats and during the 5 hours we were there they kept saying, “we’re trying to find you mats.” When it came time to leave, we still had no mats so they said they would ship them to us. I’ll be following up in another week to see where those mats are.
Just mentioning... The stock carpet floor mats are so cheap, I thought they were some aftermarket replacement. No Honda/Odyssey stitching, flimsy, light. Definitely a cost saving feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just mentioning... The stock carpet floor mats are so cheap, I thought they were some aftermarket replacement. No Honda/Odyssey stitching, flimsy, light. Definitely a cost saving feature.
Currently my car has no floor mat. One would assume they come with each vehicle but they made it sound like they couldn’t locate any at all. So my understanding is that they will be sending me the rubber all weather ones, not just the stock ones. I also would not be at all surprised if they “forget” to do so until I call them back to check in them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 Odyssey Ex-L

Pearl White/Black interior
Northern Illinois
No trade

Msrp: $39,580.00
Price: $35,599.00 (base + destination)
Doc fee: $303.00
New plates: $326.00
Tax: $2,514.00
__
Total:$38,742.00

I didn't qualify for loyalty.
Wondering if you can share which dealer this was...best quotes I'm getting are 40.5k for 2021 AND 2022

·
Registered
7 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): $34,845
Price Paid (out of the door): $36,474 (less trade-in of old Odyssey)
Add-ons (if any): Roof Rack, Mud Guards, All Weather Mats
Date Purchased: 4/30/21
City: Charlotte
State: NC

They said this included the Odyssey Loyalty Credit, but starting to feel like that's a scam. They don't itemize that reduction anywhere. Or, I got duped. This dealership was pleasant to work with and negotiate over the phone. Overall, the transaction was pleasant.
There were a couple other local dealerships that would "beat any new Odyssey price". Just had to come on down with the quote sheet, but wouldn't commit to giving me a price. Another one had a lower base + destination, but added another $900 admin fee this dealership didn't have.
Yeah the old $900 add in fee. That is so they can list their prices lower in the ad but then when you show up they can hit you with it. Very scammy but they pretty much all do it. They call it different things at different dealers but it is pretty much the same BS fee that most dealers add in. I argued over and over with dealers about this but they say its an essential fee which of course it isn't. Also the loyalty discount which they want to document but then dont give you credit for. I think they get credit on the backside but dont share this with you usually. Slimy but many do this too. Also I am noticing people getting better pricing if they trade in which of course you are loosing money if you do this. I made thousands more on my private sale than trading in. Of course you have to deal with the low ballers for weeks but still worth it.

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EX Platinum White Pearl/Beige
5 Posts
Yeah the old $900 add in fee. That is so they can list their prices lower in the ad but then when you show up they can hit you with it. Very scammy but they pretty much all do it. They call it different things at different dealers but it is pretty much the same BS fee that most dealers add in. I argued over and over with dealers about this but they say its an essential fee which of course it isn't. Also the loyalty discount which they want to document but then dont give you credit for. I think they get credit on the backside but dont share this with you usually. Slimy but many do this too. Also I am noticing people getting better pricing if they trade in which of course you are loosing money if you do this. I made thousands more on my private sale than trading in. Of course you have to deal with the low ballers for weeks but still worth it.
By law, the dealership has to charge EVERYONE the same amount for the administration fee or document fee or whatever they call it. You can ask them to deduct the amount of the fee from the overall price of the vehicle. They don't have to appease you but you are correct in that this is a pure profit fee the dealership charges. In addition, dealerships may add more than one fee to your bill of sale. They tried to charge me a "Government fee" of $200 and I told them I wasn't paying it because the only fees the government charge are called taxes, title, and plate transfer.

I disagree that trading in a vehicle will always lose you money. I traded in a vehicle and, because the used car market is hot right now, I lost nothing. Maybe I could have made more on a private sale but there are a lot of people out there looking to scam you when you sell a vehicle privately. For me, it was not worth the risk. YMMV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
By law, the dealership has to charge EVERYONE the same amount for the administration fee or document fee or whatever they call it. You can ask them to deduct the amount of the fee from the overall price of the vehicle. They don't have to appease you but you are correct in that this is a pure profit fee the dealership charges. In addition, dealerships may add more than one fee to your bill of sale. They tried to charge me a "Government fee" of $200 and I told them I wasn't paying it because the only fees the government charge are called taxes, title, and plate transfer.

I disagree that trading in a vehicle will always lose you money. I traded in a vehicle and, because the used car market is hot right now, I lost nothing. Maybe I could have made more on a private sale but there are a lot of people out there looking to scam you when you sell a vehicle privately. For me, it was not worth the risk. YMMV.
On my used Odyssey there was a $3,000 to $4,000 price difference in the Bluebook value between trade in and private party. I think this is the case with most cars. I did get trade in values from various online sources and they were in line with the Bluebook. So I am pretty sure in most cases you get more private party. Yes you could get scammed so not for everyone but I have pretty good feel for scammers. Also have to watch for bad dollar bills on thousands but if it’s the new $100’s those are easy to check. Went smooth for me but yes it is riskier.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts