Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Shorting pins 4 and 9 also allow you to read SRS codes from the dash. See thread "148622-airbag-light-codes-diagnostics-3" for more information on how to set up the paper clip on the SCS circuit, and on how to read the codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks

Shorting 4 and 9 on OBDII connector (aka Data Link, or SCS) got me into the DTC troubleshooting mode.

My 2012 Touring Displayed "SCS service TPMS DTC32 DTC NO"... I tried many options with the brakes with no success. Mind me for not recalling the exact sequence.

However I tried other options while pressing the "select" button on the steering wheel; and viola VSA and ABS codes were cleared.. the power doors did not work initially. Took key off; restarted the car; and everything was fine.

Thanks for the hint; my wife suffered with the kids for nearly three months due to a dead battery... :cool::cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
ABS light, no code found

ABS light just went on yesterday. No other idiot light. Code reader shows nothing at all. FYI, all the recall work on airbags has been done. Afraid to take it to a Long Island Honda dealer between the incompetence and the crooked dealers (every time Honda has worked on the car either the work is half done, they break something else, or they come up with a long list of non existing problems only they can fix for $1000 or more). I'm not a mechanic, my code reader's ok but not high end. Any ideas? I do trust our local mechanic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I checked my 2012 Odyssey by grounding 4 and 9 and turning the ignition to ON. The flashes came back with 61, indicating the battery voltage. This was what I expected since the battery died and had to be replaced, thus causing all these problem lights to begin with.

I am struggling to clear the code though. Jumping 4 and 9, I depress the brake and turn the key to ON,the ABS light comes, and then goes off (hooray!). I release the brake and wait for it to come back on, but it never does (booooo). The information display in the dash flashes “no” this whole time. Turning off the ignition and removing the jumper, the ABS light and TCS light are still on when the car is started.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Seemed pretty straight forward, but I am messing it up some how!

·
Registered
14,063 Posts
I found this far more detailed procedure:

Make sure you do everything. He says that sometimes it needs to be done twice.

·
Registered
9 Posts

If anyone visits this post looking for a solution, this was the fix. Do this after putting in a new battery. I used a paper clip to jump the pins. The one thing to pay attention to, is the speed at which you let off the brake pedal MATTERS. I was too slow to let off and it took me 15 tries to realize why. Quickly let off the brake pedal to get this to work.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts